Readings/ Writers’ Conferences/ Courses Offered
Priscilla is author of six books:
- The Writer’s Portable Mentor: A Guide to Art, Craft, and the Writing Life, Second Edition (University of New Mexico Press), updated and with hundreds of new craft models.
- Minding the Muse: A Handbook for Painters, Composers, Writers, and Other Creators (Coffeetown Press)
- Fire and Stone: Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going? (University of Georgia Press)
- Crossing Over: Poems (University of New Mexico Press)
- The Writer’s Portable Mentor: A Guide to Art, Craft, and the Writing Life (Wallingford Press)
- Where the Sun Never Shines: A History of America’s Bloody Coal Industry (Paragon House)
Writing Courses Offered:
Note: For the writer, the journey from wishful to virtuoso is one whose alchemical transformations occur entirely within a process of work. In our classes we work very hard. Are you ready to work and have you cleared enough time to do every assignment to the best of your ability? That is the question to ask yourself as you consider taking one or another of these courses. Oh, yes, we do have fun. But we groan too, and we work.
Winter Seminar 2020. Held at the Good Shepherd Center, Wallingford neighborhood, Seattle. 12:45 – 3 p.m. Cost: $300 Portfolio is due a few weeks after the last class. Limited to 10.
Monday, January 6, 2020
Monday, January 13, 2020
Skip MLKing Day Jan. 20
Monday, January 27, 2020
Monday, February 10, 2020
In this seminar we will compose two new pieces and revise a work-in-progress to completion. One piece will be an “enumeration”: 1. 2. 3. …
June Intensive 2020. Meets at the Good Shepherd Center in the Wallingford neighborhood of Seattle, Four evenings, 7–9 pm. Cost $300. Portfolio is due a few weeks after the last class. Limited to 10.
Monday, June 1, 2020
Monday, June 8, 2020
Monday, June 15, 2020
Monday, June 22, 2020