Readings/ Writers’ Conferences/ Courses Offered
Priscilla is author of six books:
- The Writer’s Portable Mentor: A Guide to Art, Craft, and the Writing Life, Second Edition, updated and with hundreds of new craft models.
- Minding the Muse: A Handbook for Painters, Composers, Writers, and Other Creators (Coffeetown Press)
- Fire and Stone: Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going? (University of Georgia Press)
- Crossing Over: Poems (University of New Mexico Press)
- The Writer’s Portable Mentor: A Guide to Art, Craft, and the Writing Life (Wallingford Press)
- Where the Sun Never Shines: A History of America’s Bloody Coal Industry (Paragon House)
Regular Writing Courses Offered:
Note: For the writer, the journey from wishful to virtuoso is one whose alchemical transformations occur entirely within a process of work. In our classes we work very hard. Are you ready to work and have you cleared enough time to do every assignment to the best of your ability? That is the question to ask yourself as you consider taking one or another of these courses. Oh, yes, we do have fun. But we groan too, and we work.
Forms of Creative Nonfiction. Meets at BARN (Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network), four Saturdays, Autumn 2018.
Bainbridge Writers’ Studio, BARN, 8890 Three Tree Lane, BI, WA 98110)
To register go to BARN Class Code: WR092918PL
In the world of creative nonfiction, forms such as the abecedarian are proliferating. In this four-session class we will scrutinize models of three different forms (abecedarian, the A/B form, and the collage) and generate three new creative nonfictions of our own based upon these forms. In class we’ll write in our notebooks in the timed writing method developed by Natalie Goldberg. As we develop our pieces, we’ll work on prose style—sound and syntax—toward bringing them into the realm of highly publishable. The required text is the Second Edition of The Writers Portable Mentor: A Guide to Art, Craft, and the Writing Life (available in September 2018).
Winter Seminar 2019. Meets at the Good Shepherd Center in the Wallingford neighborhood of Seattle, four Mondays, 12:45-3 pm. Cost $300. Portfolio is due a few weeks after the last class. Limited to 10.
Jan 14, 2019
Skip Jan 21
Jan 28, 2019
Feb 4, 2019
Feb 11, 2019
June Intensive 2019. Meets at the Good Shepherd Center in the Wallingford neighborhood of Seattle, four evenings, 7–9 pm. Cost $300. Portfolio is due a few weeks after the last class. Limited to 10.
Wednesday June 5, 2019
Monday June 17, 2019
Wednesday June 19, 2019
Wednesday June 26, 2017
Port Townsend Writer’s Conference, July 2019.
More info to come.